Chorlton Smile Centre
Firstly, we would like you thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult and unprecedented times.
To keep you updated, Chorlton Smile Centre re-opened on the 8th June, but we had to put in place a plan which ensures both patients’ and staff’s safety. During the challenging days of the lockdown we were offering advice and guidance over the telephone to both registered and non-registered patients of our practice. Now, we are in position to offer face to face consultations/treatment under a new plan which has a priority, for your own health and safety.
In view of this, we have decided on a phased return to work:
- Phase 1: Prioritise patients who have an urgent dental need e.g. broken filling/teeth, lost crown/bridge, severe dental pain and need of extractions.
- Phase 2: Provide treatment / consultations to the vulnerable patients or those who have ongoing issues/outstanding treatment.
- Phase 3: We will start to provide routine dental examinations and hygiene appointments.
At the moment, we are still in Phase 1. This process will take several weeks; however, it will be the safest way to start providing more routine dentistry that we were able to provide Pre-Covid.
This may be affected by a change in government guidelines or availability of PPE, but we will always keep you informed of any changes.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice, as you have seen in your previous visits to our clinic. Our cleaning, sterilisation and treatment procedures are always implemented, so that, when you receive treatment, it is done under safe and comfortable conditions.
Our practice observes all the relevant guidelines for infection control.
You will probably notice a few new developments on your next visit. We made these changes to better protect you and ourselves from Covid-19.
- We will contact you beforehand to ask you questions about your health. You will be asked the same questions again when you come to the clinic
- In case you show symptoms following booking your appointment, please contact the practice as soon as possible.
- Please comply with the following rules: arrive 5 minutes before your appointment with a mask and a pen. You should attend your appointment alone (except for children and people who need assistance).
- Please do not arrive without an appointment. Please come to the door (which will be locked), knock and wait for the door to be opened.
- We will provide hand sanitizer; which we recommend you use as soon as you come in to the practice
- You will notice that we no longer offer magazines, leaflets or other items in the waiting room because these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Payment should be made by card where possible, by telephone prior to your appointment or using a contactless payment card
- There will be no toilet facilities available at present
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, which means that you may have less choice of appointment times.
We look forward to seeing you soon and will remain available to answer any questions you may have about all the steps we are taking to ensure your safety.
After this period of lockdown and practice closure we look forward to being able to help you maintain your oral health once again.
The dental team of Chorlton Smile Centre